Thursday, 18 March 2010

So there is 2009 now. As usual I am here to update the events for the previous year. So here it goes. 2008 had a lot of traveling in store for me and I totally totally loved it. Met a lot of new and interesting people many unforgettable things happened both sad and good ones.. So here I go.

Disclaimer: Its purely personal, if at any point of time if u think "wtf" is dis?? then dun u bother to read !!

January: Kick started the New Year. Had a good time since I had an off.. On the 17th I graduated finally! Was preparing for the documents to submit for UK visa extension. Was a big deal to maintain a proper bank balance. I was in a dilemma if I have to go to Israel for a period of 2 months. PhD was not finalized, was called for an internship. Filed my UK visa application. Just then I got a mail from one of the professors from Sweden I mailed him long time back for a PhD position. He called me for an interview on the 20th of February, but I had just then submitted my passport for stamping and after I get that I had to apply for Schengen visa and all of it had to be done before the 20th Feb. And it takes atleast 5 weeks for the Uk visa.. I was in total chaos then.

February: Luckily I got my visa back from the embassy in 2 weeks time. Woo hoo. Now the real problem started, for the Swedish visa I had to go to London in person to submit the application. Woow London, but not a single person I knew there. And the appointment was early in the morning at 9. So I shud stay back in a hotel the previous day and dats quite not possible, me being alone in that big cty and the place is also quite new. Just then my best best friend Abhiram came to the rescue. He was then in Manchester staying with his friends Ramesh and Soujanya. I went to their place. That evening all of us went to Manchester United.. Such an awesum stadium it was. Had new a friendship blooming up :) And I absolutely loved 'the' company. Next day we were off to London, we stayed at his frnds place and applied for my visa. Everything fell in place. No chaos and nothing. And were joined with another frnd of his Sujesh, he was one hell of a person. Had a grt time with him.. On 20th I was off to Sweden, did my interview well,but the position was available after 3 months time. So decided to go to Israel in the mean time.

March-August: Absolutely loved this month, coz of new friendships.kudos to that person :). Moved to Israel, a land totally new and bad lighted in everyones view. I was bold enuf. so were my parents. And guess wat? I was there for 6 months. They were the bet days of my life. Will write Israel episode in a separate blog, this space isn't enuf at all.. Many unforgettable people and events.. ;-)

September: In July I was given a position in Sweden for PhD but had to be under probation for 6 months. 6 months down the drain :-( So booked my tickets and all that.I had a transit in Berlin for 7 hours.. y waste the time? checked in my luggage and went around the city. I wondered how I gained so much courage? All by myself in an unknown city. Then I knew a truth.. I HAD GROWN UP ! :)) Landed in Sweden on the 5th. Ramesh annaiya came and picked me up, stayed at his place and next day moved to another apartment with an Indian gurl. She was a third rated B*, she did all the possible 420 work possible, so I moved in with another girl to a student corridor shared by 10 other people. Hmmm.. Yes a lil difficult. Comin over to the lab part. It was as opposite to what I found in Israel. Totally serious and just work all the time. The lab mates were so so ! Cant be heaven everywhere we go !!

October: Nuthing much happened during this month. Everything was normal and quite routine. Lab, room, eat, sleep.. As is with everyone elses life :)

November: This month we moved to another apartment. A whole apartment with a attached kitchen. I finally decided to go home after 2.5 yrs.. heheh yaa 2.5 yrs away from home.. So booked my tickets for Dec 8th for a period of 5 weeks.. woo hoo.. My labmate T was such a pain in the wrong place. Expected me to do n know things vch he has been doin for 2 yrs now.. Ridiculous.. With just a month left, Was busy shopping and everything.

December: Christmas month.. Prepared to go home.. While I was jus leaving from the lab T called me to his office aur meri band bajgayi.. A** H***. Was totally shattered. Went to the extent of canceling my tickets. but my friends convinced me. We had an Indian get together. It was like good to be there.. It was the 8th.. woo hooo.. Cudnt sleep the day before. My flight was to Delhi from there it was to Chennai.

Arrived at delhi in the morning. Indiaaaa looked to different. Was waiting so much to see my parents. Arrived in Chennai, and it was sooo grt to see my people :) full of smiles. Chennai my God looked so dirty, didnt like it much in the 'beginning'.
On the same day my parents took me for shopping. Was soo damn tired. Had moms food after a loooooooooooong time.. Loved every bit of it. The funiest part was dat eventhough I was soo damn tired, I couldnt sleep at the right time, wen to bed at sweden time. I tot it wud change but nahhh, was the same until I came back. hehe..

To my surprise wen I woke up the next day and sat up for lunch, it was Fish curry.. My favvvvvvvvvvvvv.. Ill give my life for my moms fish curry. My mom was so happy to see me relish it. Did loads of shopping, spent quality time vth my parents :). Went to Banglore for Xmas. Met all my cousins, was so grt to be there. People looked at me like I was an extra-terrestrial creature or sumthin :)).. Hey, and also I met all my friends. Was totally thrilled to see them. and 2 of my spl frnds. Had a grrrrrt time with my cousin Pavithra in bangalore, Omg..such good laughter I had cant believe. :)
But the sad thing is dat I cudnt meet Jayash tho he was in B'lore. And I cudnt meet him until I came back :( .. He still scolds me fr dat !

On the new year, it was soo nice to be with my parents. On the eve, my parents slept off but I kept watchin TV, my dad soo sweet he came and sat next to me. We watched Tv, spoke a looooot. I told him all small small things and he would just love it. I loved those moments. We wished each other first wen the clock struck 12. I fed him chocolate so did he :) :) Awww.. Loved it. Woke my mom up and wished her.. Called all my friends and wished them. Dats a grt grt feeling...

Last but not the least, I had such good time with my mom. Shared all the possible secrets with her. Told her about so many dark secrets with her. She would listen to me with so much patience.I felt she was more like a frnd to me than a mom. I even went to the extent of telling her about the proposal I got. haha.. Tot she would scold me for it, but to my surprise she said nuthing. She respected what I felt :).

Jan1st-19th 2009: New year.. Loads of love from my parents. not to forget the yummy food :) ahaha. Did loads of shopping again. Got loads of dresses, accessories, shoes, wat not.. :D :D :D.. My dad , hes such a sweetheart, packed my entire bag and everything. Met my friend V as she was getting married. Had a good time with her. Was disappointed about one of my friends, but gave a damn about it as I received the same. Chapter close! Not to forget I ws on cloud 9 for a very special reason :D *Blush*. On the 19th I had my return flight to Delhi..I did not want to go back to the same and boring life, away from my parents.. My mom did not want me to go, my dad was like "Come off for every 1 year, dont stay away for a long time" :).. with such a heavy heart left home. Arrived at Delhi and stayed with my cousin and next day she dropped me at the airport. Felt soooo bad to leave.. But no way out.

In all my travels so far, I havent met any good co traveler.. But this time there was a person from my own univs, we had many mutual frnds, infact we belonged to the same stream even.. ha ha.. Hes my junior. Had a good time pass with him. both of us made sure we did not feel homesick. :) There ! I arrived back to Sweden. The next day I wen to Sheff to visit my friend B. Picked up my things and back to sweden for good.

Yep.. Loadssss of traveling I did. Was a pretty decent year I must admit. Wat ya say?

No comments:

Post a Comment